- Brief on the Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust-CRAWN TRUST
The Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust-CRAWN Trust is a non-profit multi-disciplinary organization that specializes in advocacy, civic awareness, training, research, consulting and sustainable development approaches. CRAWN Trust is a change catalyst providing Kenyan communities and specifically women and girls with the tools, voice and platforms through which they can effect change at individual, family, community and national levels in economic, social and political spheres.
CRAWN’s vision is a democratic society, founded on informed people, thereby promoting peaceful and cohesive coexistence that respects diversities where citizens enjoy their full human rights and where justice for all is upheld.
CRAWN Trust is seeking to recruit a qualified consultant to undertake a consultancy on online/ virtual events planning, coordination and management for the WVL Annual women rights organisation convention.
Background and purpose of the consultancy
CRAWN TRUST intends to carry out a virtual Annual Women Rights Organisations Convention Forum bringing together women champions, women leaders and relevant stakeholders from across the country. The Annual Women Rights Organisation convention forum conducted under the Women’s voices and Leadership project aims to promote and defend women and girls’ social, economic and political rights of women while enabling visibility and amplification of women’s voices in a national platform while advocating for their rights for the enjoyment of their human rights and gender equality.
CRAWN Trust has been on the forefront in championing the rights of women and girls in Kenya calling the beneficiaries to action by advocating for their guaranteed rights in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. We are therefore seeking a talented, motivated Events Coordinator with outstanding technical skills/ experience for the organizing of an exciting memorable and impactful one day event.
Objective /Duties and Responsibilities
The event coordinator will be expected to:
- Develop the virtual experience concept including the program design of the forum.
- Co- coordination on the sourcing and management of the event’s speakers/ moderators during the event’s preparation and D- day.
- Develop the offline and online communications for marketing the event and stakeholders.
- Sourcing of media and social media communication channels for marketing the event.
- Coordinating the syncing of the on the ground panel discussions and the online forum activities.
- Coordinate the entertainment during the forum.
- Consultancy activity schedule / Timeline
The duration of the Assignment will be for a period of two months in April to May 2021
- Qualifications requirements / Desired Expertise
The applicant should possess the following desired knowledge and expertise.
- A minimum of a post graduate qualification in business management, hospitality management, public relations, communications development or a relevant field.
- A proven track record in organizing successful events; has a working knowledge and experience of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
- Experience in organizing technical online forums/ virtual experiences is strongly desired.
- Critical thinker, dependable, excellent logistic skills, team player with problem-solving skills
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Must be well-organized and competent in vendor management especially marketing, social media communication, media engagements, entertainment field.
- Highly motivated and committed to professionalism, accountability,
- Expression of Interest
The Consultant meeting the requirements should submit an Expression of Interest, which should include the following:
Expression of interest (4 pages’ maximum)
- A capability statement, including commitment for availability for the entire assignment.
- Portfolio of previous successful events
- A clear methodology of handling at least 1000 participant -capacity event
- A detailed financial proposal indicating the consultant’s fees in consideration of a modest budget available
Annexes should include:
- Updated curriculum vitae of the consultant who will undertake the work.
- Contact information of 2 organizations that have recently and preferably in the last 3 years contracted the firm/consultant(s) to carry out a similar assignment.
- Please send a soft copy of your expression of interest by 14th April, 2021 Close of Business COB to email@example.com
- The subject line should read CONSULTANCY ON ONLINE EVENT PLANNING, COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT FOR ANNUAL WOMEN RIGHTS ORGANISATIONS CONVENTION. REF (CRAWN/WVL/OEMAC/2021)
- Only pre-selected consultants will be contacted.
- Women and persons with disability consultants are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org