Website Crawn Trust
Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust (CRAWN Trust) is a change catalyst providing women and girls with the tools, voice and platforms through which they can effect change in their communities. CRAWN Trust achieves this through empowering women and girls to confront threats to their rights and freedoms, thus enabling them to be change agents in their communities.
CRAWN Trust is the coordinator of the National Women Steering Committee (NWSC) which is a consortium made up of over 100 Non-governmental organizations, CBO’s, FBO’s and individuals spread across the 47 counties that advocate and promote women advancement in the political, social and economic sphere. The key mandate of the NWSC is political and economic emancipation of Kenyan women.
THE KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT INTAKES
CRAWN Trust/NWSC is seeking the services of a knowledge management expert in training it’s staff. Successful candidates will play a key role in developing and supporting management processes, lessons learned, and best practices in areas such as:
- Knowledge management and data visualization
- Monitoring of effective knowledge management processes and systems
- Branding of the organization
- Development of an organizational style
- Documentation of the organization’s work such as publications, best Practices and dissemination of project work.
- Innovation and data management
- Lead sharing, reflection and learning
- Applying networked knowledge (connecting and collecting knowledge) creation concept to knowledge management with the focus on connecting people, sharing capabilities and creating new knowledge.
- Focusing more attention on quality assurance, strengthening linkages to CRAWN Trust’s strategic advocacy goals, more effective dissemination, and impact monitoring
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TORs)
The Consultant will be expected to undertake the following:
- Conduct a knowledge management training for CRAWN Trust staff through the application of reflective and practical adult learning methodologies.
- To develop an inception report that shall assess CRAWN Trust knowledge management systems with an aim for the training to be informed by the knowledge management gaps.
- The assessment and training should seek to define the following;
- Knowledge Management (KM) at an organizational level and identifying the core components of a robust KM system, including knowledge sharing.
- Conducting an in-depth assessment of knowledge management needs, audiences, and existing platforms, including identification of critical gaps.
- Establishing product/system specifications to inform system and tool selection.
Recommendations and an action plan for the strategies, systems, policies and tools that are needed to address current gaps and fully develop KM.
- Strategies for rolling out of Knowledge Management initiatives to third parties (e.g. networks/ groups) through demonstrations, presentations, training documentation, and training workshops.
- Develop a training materials/manual under the previous listed thematic areas such as information management system and software use.
- Deliver a Knowledge and data visualization handbook for use by staff.
- Deliver a timeline and schedule of tasks to be agreed upon, including a plan that describes the approaches and methodology to be used while conducting the KM
- A final report of the KM training.
Qualifications requirements / Desired Expertise
The applicant should possess the following desired knowledge and expertise:
- Similar experience in carrying out knowledge management exercises including the development of effective data tools.
- Good experience in knowledge management on evaluating work involving governance topics such as the 2010 constitution/ gender development work/ advocacy work with civil society organizations is desirable.
Expression of Interest
The consultant/ firm should submit an Expression of Interest, which should include the following:
Expression of interest (5 pages maximum)
- A capability statement, including commitment for availability for the entire assignment.
- A detailed financial proposal, including the consultant’s fees and relevant taxes with consideration
- Updated curriculum vitae of the consultant who will undertake the work.
- Contact information of 2 organizations that have recently and preferably in the last 3 years contracted the consultant to carry out a similar assignment.
- Gantt chart and professional/company profile with Sample of previous works undertaken that are related to the consultancy.
- *This consultancy will be for a 1-month period*
Qualified and interested individuals/firm should send an Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject being EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY
REF: CRAWN/WVL/KM/2021 by Close of Business on 14th April 2021.
Only shortlisted firms/consultants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com