Website Crawn Trust
- Brief on the Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust-CRAWN TRUST
The Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust-CRAWN Trust is a non-profit multi-disciplinary organization that specializes in advocacy, civic awareness, training, research, consulting and sustainable development approaches. CRAWN Trust is a change catalyst providing Kenyan communities and specifically women and girls with the tools, voice and platforms through which they can effect change at individual, family, community and national levels in the economic, social and political spheres.
CRAWN’s vision is a democratic society, founded on informed people, thereby promoting peaceful and cohesive coexistence that respects diversities where citizens enjoy their full human rights and where justice for all is upheld.
CRAWN Trust is seeking to hire a qualified consultant to facilitate the Building linkages forums under the Women’s Voice and Leadership Program.
- Introduction, background and Women’s Voice and Leadership Project Profile
The Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) Kenya Program is a project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and being delivered by CARE Canada, CARE Kenya, CRAWN Trust, Uraia Trust, The Centre for Rights Education (CREAW) and the Urgent Action Fund (UAF- Africa).
The goal of the program is to support the capacity and activities of local and national women’s organizations and movements seeking to empower women and girls, advance the protection of women’s and girls’ rights, and achieve gender equality with the ultimate outcome being the “increased enjoyment of human rights by women and girls and the enjoyment of gender equality in Kenya”.
- WVL project Objectives
- Improved management and sustainability of local women’s rights organizations (WRO’s).
- Enhanced performance of WRO’s programming and advocacy to advance gender equality and empower women and girls.
- Increased effectiveness of national and sub-national women’s rights platforms, networks and alliances to affect policy, legal and social change.
The Purpose of the Consultancy on facilitation of the Building Linkages Forums
Networks contribute immensely to the impact of Women Rights Organizations due to the collective power drawn from their diverse members, giving more voice, visibility, resourcing and credibility to their interventions. Cognizant of this, CRAWN Trust is keen on contributing to the effectiveness of networks for the realisation of the project goals.
CRAWN Trust shall convene the Building Linkages forums with an aim to facilitate WROs and networks with a space to address critical areas in networks that can enhance their effectiveness. The Building linkages forums will be used by network members to map strengths and weaknesses of existing networks and alliances, developing and submitting of their project improvement plans, facilitating the WROs in developing linkages, mergers, sustaining networks and developing partnerships and guidelines for media engagements.
The consultant will facilitate four one-day virtual Building Linkages forums as indicated below;
- Spearheading of the forums as per the identified/ contracted areas and topics while providing space for reflection, learning and practice.
- Development of the forum program and content based on WRO action plans, CRAWN Trust reports and WVL networking objectives.
- Employment of adult learning methodologies for virtual engagement.
- Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Activity program to be shared with CRAWN Trust prior to the forums as per agreed schedules.
- Pre-workshop and post-workshop evaluation questionnaires developed and shared as per the agreed schedules.
- Facilitators’ overview report with recommendations and observations.
- Consultancy Timeline
The consultancy will cover a maximum period of ten working days inclusive of the days of the virtual forums and submission of deliverables.
- Qualifications requirements / Desired Expertise
The consultant should possess the following desired knowledge and expertise:
- Experience in gender and development, networking and alliance building.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilitation and movement building or any other experience related to the assignment.
- Experience in facilitation of virtual forums.
- Expression of Interest
- Please send a soft copy of your Expression of Interest by Close of Business on 16th April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR FACILITATION OF BUILDING LINKAGES FORUMS
- Only the selected consultants will be contacted.
- Women applicants who are members of networks are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com